my lifetime. I am going to stick with a few simply for easiness.
Here is a small list of the things that I have witnessed in my lifetime:
- The first personal cellphone
- Dial-up home internet
- First Black President
- First Female Vice President
- The stupid fucking wars in the Middle East
- Climate Change
- Death of the Queen
- The disgusting war on Ukraine
- Streaming Services
- Invention of AI
- Hurricane Katrina
- Blockchain and Crypto
- Legalization of Medical Marijuana
- Dumbass Trump and his bullshit policies (can you tell I despise politics and wars?)
- So much more that I can’t recall at this hour
Probably the most memorable experience was the election of President Obama. I was more than stoked to watch history in the making and for one of the greatest presidents in history to take office. Ironically, I was watching the election from the confines of a psychiatric hospital. I was young, dumb and self-injurious. I needed to be there.
I remember the relief of watching him take office and knowing that the other party would not absolutely made being there completely irrelevant.
I have most certainly experienced a lot of major historical events that have changed the world, but I think that can be said for most generations as the world is dynamic as are its people.