focused on working on myself.
Part of what I have been writing about recently, on here, is the fact that I am dealing with a pretty deep depression.
What to do, what to do. Focus. Focus on what you need. What does your mind crave? Is it time alone, time with friends, time with pets, time outside or something else?
The most important thing is to figure out what it is that you are in need of and then do whatever you can to make it happen.
For instance, I need to get out of my house more and do things. Things such as:
- Appreciate nature
- Breathe fresh air
- Go out with family or friends
- Go to the park
- Go to the gym
- Work remotely from a new location such as a cafe or public gathering space
- My favorite place to work is outside at our local university or inside the library.
- Try something new like a new drink or activity
- Have a meaningful conversation with a friend in a new bar or restaurant
- Just go for a walk, even if it is only a few minutes
Of course, there are other things that can be done to remedy depression. These are just some of the things that I like to do to help with my own depression.
I firmly believe that everyone should spend time every day with themselves. With their thoughts and emotions. It is important to understand oneself and one’s emotions.