I walk about 20% of the time and use my wheelchair 80% off the time 😂😂😂
I want to clear a few things up regarding the use of a wheelchair.
INCOMING FACTS BOMB
- 🦽 Wheelchairs are devices that help people with mobility impairments to move around more easily and independently. They can be manual or powered, and they can have different features and designs depending on the needs and preferences of the user.
- 🙋♂️ Not all wheelchair users are completely paralyzed. Some people may use wheelchairs because they have difficulty walking or climbing stairs, or because they have chronic pain, fatigue, or balance issues. Some people may use wheelchairs only part-time, while others may use them full-time.
- 🕒 Part-time wheelchair users are people who use wheelchairs for some activities or situations, but not for others. They may use wheelchairs to conserve energy, to prevent injuries, to manage pain, or to access certain places. Part-time wheelchair users may also use other mobility aids, such as canes, crutches, or walkers.
- 🕰️ Full-time wheelchair users are people who use wheelchairs for most or all of their daily activities. They may use wheelchairs because they have severe mobility impairments, such as spinal cord injuries, amputations, or neuromuscular diseases. Full-time wheelchair users may have different levels of sensation and movement in their limbs, depending on the cause and extent of their disability.
- 🌎 Wheelchair users face many barriers and challenges in accessing health care, education, employment, transportation, and recreation. They also experience stigma and discrimination from society. Wheelchair users need more support and inclusion from their communities and governments to improve their quality of life and well-being.
The truth is, I don’t walk much, but boy can I move my wheelchair. I’ve completed races In my wheelchair and have placed in the top three nearly every race.
I played tennis, basketball, and football, CrossFit. I’ve pushed miles upon miles up steep hills and down. Do I feel less fortunate or personally slighted by the inaccessibility of the planet?
No, I just find my way around one push at a time.